1. Wake up earlier. It might be the last thing you want to do on summer vacation, but do this to get the most out of your day! Plus, you'll have time to prepare and enjoy a great breakfast!
2. Stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
3. Have a good laugh. Catch up with friends over brunch, watch a funny film, hang out with your dog! Laughter is the best medicine.
4. Compliment at least one person per day. This can be a friend, an acquaintance, co-worker, stranger, whoever!
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables. You can even turn them into smoothies!
6. Stop procrastinating. We tend to give in to the dog days of summer, but push yourself and complete what you need to complete! Who said you can’t be productive during the summertime?
7. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be anything too intense. A run around the block, a leisurely hike, or even an at-home YouTube workout video.
8. Go out for ice cream with your family and friends. You can’t beat good company and a sweet treat!
9. Do something nice for someone. A Random Act of Kindness, volunteer at an animal shelter, pick up trash at the beach, or help your neighbor lift those heavy objects.
10. Have a pool or beach day. Beat the heat this summer and lounge by the pool or on the beach!
11. Go to the movies. Another way to avoid the summer heat is by retreating to the theaters! Catch this summer’s blockbusters and enjoy that bucket of popcorn!
12. Try to learn something new everyday. This can either be an interesting fact you saw online or a new skill you taught yourself!
13. Take a brief moment during your day to take three mindful, deep breaths. Deep breaths have a way of calming our minds and reducing stress.
14. And lastly, get outside and explore! Treat everything like an adventure.
Planning a road trip this summer? Follow these tips for the perfect summer road trip!
1. Pick a destination
For some, going on a road trip with no plan is the epitome of adventure. For others, there is assurance in knowing where they are headed. Regardless of how you categorize yourself, why not choose a destination you’ve never been to before? Now while it’s not necessarily about the destination, but rather the journey, it’s nice to know that the adventure doesn’t have to end once the engine is turned off.
2. Bring Friends
Pack up the car with friends and your road trip is guaranteed to be a success. Or, at the very least, you’ll be having a ton of fun!
3. Pack an instant camera
Today’s generation constantly desires instant gratification, and in this digital age, it isn’t difficult to achieve that. But why not take it back a decade or two? Buy a disposable camera or use a Polaroid to document all those unforgettable moments.
5. Make healthy snacks
Sure, the candy and junk food will keep your energy levels up in the short-run. But for those car journeys lasting longer than half an hour, those snacks just won’t cut it. Plan ahead and stash your cooler with refreshing fruits, crunchy vegetables, and water.
6. Make a difference along the way
Make your road trip experience even more rewarding by interacting with the local community. It can be as simple as shopping at a local farmer’s market or picking up trash. Or at your destination, go the extra mile and volunteer at a local non-profit. The choice is yours!
7. Your adventurous spirit
Half the fun of a road trip is the spontaneous pit stop(s) made along the way. Be adventurous and have fun!
Oh, and of course, you can’t forget the road trip essentials: comfy clothes, hand sanitizer, and your favorite pair of SOLOs!
By: Mariah Adams
No matter where I seem to move or where my travels take me, I always find myself wanting to explore on my own. And though I’m sure my mom would like to forget this, I have been doing just that since a very young age.
When I was about three years old, my family and I moved to a small village in Germany for my dad’s work. In the town of Münster-Amelsbüren, I attended kindergarten and first grade. Everyday, my mom walked me to and from my kindergarten a couple blocks away. One day, I decided I wanted to find my own way home (or to Frau Rose’s bakery...or maybe it was the toy store that sold the Scala dolls?), much to my mother’s dismay. Of course, mind you, I did not live very far from my home, but I still managed to walk in circles in our small town. People around the town square recognized me and tried to corral me in the right direction even though I insisted on going my own way. Eventually I was intercepted by the couple that use to babysit me and they returned to my mother. I will always remember trying to adventure out on my own at that age.
Later in life, this need to go off on my own would follow me to Spain in the eighth grade, or Vancouver the summer after my junior year of college. In Spain, I would find an elusive toy store that sold Diddls, mouse dolls from Germany. In Vancouver, I discovered savory fish and chips in Stanley Park. I have found that I cannot sit still if I feel I need to explore an area, even where I live in San Diego. It may be cliché, but you never know what you may find around the corner.
Embrace your wanderlust and chase the unexpected.
Salt Lake City, here we come!
SOLO Eyewear is excited to announce that we will be returning this August to the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City, Utah for the second time. Our last experience was overwhelmingly positive with over two hundred people stopping by our booth to learn about SOLO Eyewear! We thoroughly enjoyed meeting new folks in the industry and telling everyone about our mission to give.
Here are a few photos of our booth at Winter Market in January.
If you are in Salt Lake City, come see us at Booth PV1271 or schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com. We'd love to see you!
Feeling Patriotic?! If so, this is your chance to win a pair of SOLO sunglasses! In honor of the World Cup and the Fourth of July, we are running a SOLO Patriot Contest on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Get involved for the chance to win a pair of red, white, or blue SOLOs.
As a company that is dedicated to helping others globally, we know that patriotism is universal. For the SOLO Patriot Campaign, we want to see how you express your patriotism, regardless of what country you represent. Join the campaign next week on social media! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The first way to win is easy- go to @SOLOeyewar on instagram, follow us, and regram the contest photo.
The second way to win takes a little more creativity. You will need to upload the most patriotic photo you have ever taken to Facebook and include #SOLOeyewear.
Entries will be accepted until midnight on July 5th. Stay Tuned!
We hope you’re getting excited about the Summer! We sure are at SOLO Headquarters! Over the last few months we have been preparing to release our new line of sunglasses, and we are excited to announce that they are here! Please meet the new frames in the SOLO family.
Any of the new frames in the family can be purchased on our website or in our retail locations. If you prefer to see them in person, you can drop by the “SOLO Summer Social” tomorrow, June 21st to purchase a pair in person! The event is going to run from 5-7 pm at the W Hotel Sky Beach Lounge in downtown San Diego. Entry is free- so stop by, listen to some live music, support our mission to give and come check out our new line!