1. Wake up earlier. It might be the last thing you want to do on summer vacation, but do this to get the most out of your day! Plus, you'll have time to prepare and enjoy a great breakfast!
2. Stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
3. Have a good laugh. Catch up with friends over brunch, watch a funny film, hang out with your dog! Laughter is the best medicine.
4. Compliment at least one person per day. This can be a friend, an acquaintance, co-worker, stranger, whoever!
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables. You can even turn them into smoothies!
6. Stop procrastinating. We tend to give in to the dog days of summer, but push yourself and complete what you need to complete! Who said you can’t be productive during the summertime?
7. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be anything too intense. A run around the block, a leisurely hike, or even an at-home YouTube workout video.
8. Go out for ice cream with your family and friends. You can’t beat good company and a sweet treat!
9. Do something nice for someone. A Random Act of Kindness, volunteer at an animal shelter, pick up trash at the beach, or help your neighbor lift those heavy objects.
10. Have a pool or beach day. Beat the heat this summer and lounge by the pool or on the beach!
11. Go to the movies. Another way to avoid the summer heat is by retreating to the theaters! Catch this summer’s blockbusters and enjoy that bucket of popcorn!
12. Try to learn something new everyday. This can either be an interesting fact you saw online or a new skill you taught yourself!
13. Take a brief moment during your day to take three mindful, deep breaths. Deep breaths have a way of calming our minds and reducing stress.
14. And lastly, get outside and explore! Treat everything like an adventure.
Planning a road trip this summer? Follow these tips for the perfect summer road trip!
1. Pick a destination
For some, going on a road trip with no plan is the epitome of adventure. For others, there is assurance in knowing where they are headed. Regardless of how you categorize yourself, why not choose a destination you’ve never been to before? Now while it’s not necessarily about the destination, but rather the journey, it’s nice to know that the adventure doesn’t have to end once the engine is turned off.
2. Bring Friends
Pack up the car with friends and your road trip is guaranteed to be a success. Or, at the very least, you’ll be having a ton of fun!
3. Pack an instant camera
Today’s generation constantly desires instant gratification, and in this digital age, it isn’t difficult to achieve that. But why not take it back a decade or two? Buy a disposable camera or use a Polaroid to document all those unforgettable moments.
5. Make healthy snacks
Sure, the candy and junk food will keep your energy levels up in the short-run. But for those car journeys lasting longer than half an hour, those snacks just won’t cut it. Plan ahead and stash your cooler with refreshing fruits, crunchy vegetables, and water.
6. Make a difference along the way
Make your road trip experience even more rewarding by interacting with the local community. It can be as simple as shopping at a local farmer’s market or picking up trash. Or at your destination, go the extra mile and volunteer at a local non-profit. The choice is yours!
7. Your adventurous spirit
Half the fun of a road trip is the spontaneous pit stop(s) made along the way. Be adventurous and have fun!
Oh, and of course, you can’t forget the road trip essentials: comfy clothes, hand sanitizer, and your favorite pair of SOLOs!