1. Wake up earlier. It might be the last thing you want to do on summer vacation, but do this to get the most out of your day! Plus, you'll have time to prepare and enjoy a great breakfast!
2. Stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
3. Have a good laugh. Catch up with friends over brunch, watch a funny film, hang out with your dog! Laughter is the best medicine.
4. Compliment at least one person per day. This can be a friend, an acquaintance, co-worker, stranger, whoever!
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables. You can even turn them into smoothies!
6. Stop procrastinating. We tend to give in to the dog days of summer, but push yourself and complete what you need to complete! Who said you can’t be productive during the summertime?
7. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be anything too intense. A run around the block, a leisurely hike, or even an at-home YouTube workout video.
8. Go out for ice cream with your family and friends. You can’t beat good company and a sweet treat!
9. Do something nice for someone. A Random Act of Kindness, volunteer at an animal shelter, pick up trash at the beach, or help your neighbor lift those heavy objects.
10. Have a pool or beach day. Beat the heat this summer and lounge by the pool or on the beach!
11. Go to the movies. Another way to avoid the summer heat is by retreating to the theaters! Catch this summer’s blockbusters and enjoy that bucket of popcorn!
12. Try to learn something new everyday. This can either be an interesting fact you saw online or a new skill you taught yourself!
13. Take a brief moment during your day to take three mindful, deep breaths. Deep breaths have a way of calming our minds and reducing stress.
14. And lastly, get outside and explore! Treat everything like an adventure.